A King’s Essential: Men’s Slippers

A King’s Essential: Men’s Slippers
August 15, 2011 Curran
Lets slip into something a little more comfortable.”

When thinking of men’s shoes what comes to mind? Maybe a wingtip, oxford, loafer or even a moccasin. Well a stylish alternative for men that has been hitting the streets, the nightlife and even the runway lately are men’s slippers. Not just any old slipper but hard-soled, velvet, fabric, embroidered, heeled slippers. Being able to rock a bedroom staple outside of its normality mixes up the variety of casual menswear whether it be dressing it up or down. The velvet slipper originated and gained popularity in 1840 with Prince Albert and are known as “The Albert Slipper” which gives them an opulent image.

Men’s slippers have quickly became one of the freshest trends in menswear. Some look at it as just being a slipper but this item ranges upward from $300 which keeps it from becoming trendier than most footwear. Very fun, stylish and comfortable, slippers can be worn both day and night adding flavor to shorts, cropped pants, jeans and full suits. Slippers add a regal flair and are the footwear of choice for any young King. – K.R.T.

IMG_7256 2

• Shorts – Urban Outfitter
  • Slippers – Rugby

Munch slippers Picnik collage

Tony Rogers‘s Wardrobe Description:

• Shades -Marc Jacob
  • Watch – Nixon
  • Ring – Priceless Vintage Artz’
  • Slim fit woven shirt – Joseph Abboud

1. Art Grandy 6 years ago

Real ‘G’d’..Up!! I’m on it

• Author
      Curran J Swint 6 years ago

Thanks King

2. Lindo 6 years ago

I Like the black ones alot!

Lindo

3. I do not even understand how I stopped up right here, but I believed this post was great. I do not know who you’re but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren’t already. Cheers!

• Author
      Curran J Swint 6 years ago

Thank you and glad you enjoyed the post. I really appreciate that! – K.R.T.

4. Louis 6 years ago

Simple question for Tony Rogers. I’m looking to purchase a pair of Stubbs & Wootton slippers, but I won’t have the chance to try on a pair before I order them. I typically wear (with socks) a size US 10.5 in tennis shoes/sneakers and a US 11.5 in dress shoes. I’m not really familiar with my sizing in slippers. How do the slippers fit? Are they true-to-size or would you recommend sizing up half a size or full? Any help will be appreciated!!

• Louis 6 years ago

Well, not just a question for Tony Rogers, but for anyone who is able to answer.

• Author
        Curran J Swint 6 years ago

Thank you for your comment Louis. I am not sure how the Stubb & Wooton run but just slippers in general tend to fit snug and can run a tad small to marked size. So I would go up a size. You can still wait for Tony to give his opinion – K.R.T.

5. Kollin 5 years ago

I am in love with these shoes and would love a pair, but they are so pricey! have you seen or heard of any others store online were the prices might be a little lower?

Pingbacks

1. […] By:Lawrence D. Louw  Related posts:Fruity FashionBeau Brooches: 1 Me NaturallyOrange Me […]